Greenbrier celebrated the 245th Birthday of the United States in grand style this past Sunday, the 4th of July! Over 30 golf carts decorated in red,white and blue, along with scooters, motor bikes and various other vehicles tooled around the neighborhood waving flags and delighting residents. Under the direction of Capt. America (Chris Thiel) and led by firefighters in their engine from local station #17, the parade ended at the Club parking lot, where kids enjoyed snow cones provided by your GRI as well as all sorts of activities, including a giant inflatable slide and games.
Prizes were awarded in the following categories:
- Most Patriotic Group: Elizabeth, Whitley & Kitty
- Most Patriotic Boy and Girl: Danny Street & Stelyn Drisko
- Best Decorated Pets: Weston & Millie Stutler
- Golf Cart: Tyler Street
- Group: The Gulletts
- Best Family Décor: The Trimbles, The Mittenzewis, & The Theils
- Most Original (a patriotic Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog)
- Most Extravagant: Ron & Sandy Mollenkopf
- Best & Oldest Car: Mary Keene Marrs
- Most Unusual The Allen Family with their giant gorilla in patriotic garb, Ed.
A good time was had by all and promises to be an even bigger affair next year!